Become a Volunteer
Volunteers provide a vital link within the communities we serve, helping to achieve the mission and vision of Child and Family Services of Grand Erie.
Volunteers come from diverse backgrounds, with various experiences, all sharing a common passion for the well-being of children and families within the community.
Volunteers play a critical role by sharing their time and talents to enrich the lives of the children, youth and families with whom we work, working alongside, staff, caregivers and families, contributing to a wide range of services, including:
- Driving children to appointments and/or visits with their families;
- Assisting with and attending special events hosted by the agency;
- Acting as a special friend, mentor and/or tutor for a child or youth;
- Supporting families in various manners.
As a volunteer, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have truly impacted the life of a child or youth. You will also receive:
- Reimbursement for mileage incurred and out-of-pocket expenses;
- Orientation and training regarding the programs and services offered by the Society;
- Ongoing support in your volunteer role;
- Flexible hours and time commitment;
- The opportunity to engage in your community and make new friends.
CFS GE works with volunteers to complete a screening process and determine what roles best meets the volunteer’s wishes, interests, and skills.
An interview, police and personal reference checks are all parts of the approval process.